A unified national association is key to fulfilling IBAC’s mandate to:
- promote and elevate the property and casualty insurance broker profession and the broker distribution system;
- facilitate communication and cooperation among brokers and between them and insurance industry stakeholders;
- promote the interests of Member Associations, represent their shared interests, and assist them in supporting their membership; and
- foster good relations with the federal government and the public.
IBAC exists to:
- Promote the interests and value of Canadian insurance brokers;
- Advocate for policies that ensure a vibrant and sustainable broker distribution channel;
- Uphold consumer protection and enhance consumer confidence in insurance; and
- Collaborate with Member Associations to strengthen the insurance broker profession and support insurance broker success.
By focusing on our mission, IBAC will ensure that:
- Insurance brokers are the chosen, trusted and respected experts for consumer insurance needs.
- Insurance brokers are proud of their profession and their Broker Associations.
- Canadians value the service and protection provided by their insurance brokers.