Our website has been updated to ensure a high degree of WCAG2’s Level A compliance, as required by Ontario’s AODA Information and Communication Standard of the Integrated Accessibility Regulations. We continue to add and improve this website’s accessibility features.
In alignment with the WCAG 2.0 Guidelines, IBAC aims to ensure our website meets certain criteria, including but not limited to the following:
- Ability to provide text alternatives for any non-text content.
- Text equivalents to video and audio multimedia
- Proper use of colour
- A high level of keyboard navigation support – IE using the Tab key instead of mouse
- Multiple ways to navigate and find content – Search, Quick Links & Navigation
- Users have enough time to read and complete tasks
- CMS provides ability to manage content in a way which is readable and understandable.
- Input assistance to help users avoid and correct mistakes.
- High compatibility with screen readers and with multiple browsers
- Markup language is used to facilitate accessibility
Due to conditions beyond our control, there are some instances where we are unable to provide information in an accessible format. Future updates will address these issues.